Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Majestic Memories Is Closing

Bill, Leticia and Dodi, I wish all the best for you. Your store will be missed!


The first time I join a scrapbooking swap for bag toppers. I go to turn in my project, I see that my favorite scrapbook store Majestic Memories is closing. This is the second store within a year. Pebbles in my pocket closed last year. Where is a scrap addict to shop! Michaels’ and Joann’s are ok, just not the same. I only know of two other scrapbook stores in the city, and one is too far and the other scrap store the prices are marked up crazy high and just not that friendly!!! I do shop online but sometimes you just need a quick fix or descend cardstock.
Mr. President Obama you should fix our economy as soon as possible. People are losing their jobs and homes, becoming homeless. Most Americans right now don’t care about party lines. If we all do the right thing for America it doesn’t matter. We always take care of other countries, and that’s nice, but this time for once can we start at home? Please.
In closing let me state, that I’m joking around about scrapbook stuff. I’m truly blessed that in these times all I have to worry about is no place to buy junk. My job is OK at this moment, I still own my home and my family is well. I worry for us (the United States) as a whole. It starts with little stuff like small businesses. This has opened my eye wider. I better understand what I need to do for my family to be OK. We all need to stop buying and start saving more, the storm is coming!

Getting off my soapbox…. Above is a picture of the bag topper I made for the swap. I think it’s really cute. LOL. My Month was July and theme butterflies. I used paper from the Flair Designs- Paradise collection, love that paper, small butterfly - Martha Steward punch, large butterfly - QuickKutz die, stamp - Inkaddinkado hand lettered alphabet and jewelry tags.

Below are some of my favorites from the other ladies in the swap.







No comments: