Friday, March 6, 2009

A long couple of weeks

I fell two weeks ago at work. It's called a contusion- a bruised knee.
sometimes it hurts like hell. Especially when my workers comp. doctor twist and turns it! I'm told it could take 4-6 weeks to heal. LESSON LEARNED don't WAIT. If you get hurt at work report it right away. I reported it but thought I would be OK. I didn't get medical treatment right away. Less than a week later I was in so much pain I was crying like a baby. Now I need physical therapy, but I have to wait to be approved. I have medical insurance if I could have gone to my doctor, I would be in treatment right now.

Which leads to my next statement.... What about those people who have no jobs or worse a job but no medical insurance. I don't get into politics on my blog often but I pray President Obama can get some cooperation from congress to help the masses and no just the wealthy.

My brace I don't know if it helps or not. The white thing-- Icy hot pain patch - that works.
Documented boredom.. thank goodness for project 365. I toke a lot of different pictures while waiting to be seen.
I'm on light duty- LOL there is no light duty in construction!
No paid time off. We make good money because on any given day I could get hurt worse than I was and not home at all. I'm thankful my injury was not severe.
Below are the reasons for my knee injury:
I did the right thing reported holes as soon a I saw them, I reported them numerous times to different safety people and not until after my fall did they cover the holes.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! There were alot of hole uncovered OSHA didn't see that. lol!