Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love my hair short.

I've always had a decent length of hair for a Afro-American, at times it has been long, very thick and jet black. I loved my hair. The movie Good Hair that Chris rock made publicized Afro-American women and there hair struggles. It started much controversy and hopefully open up the eyes of everyone. But even before the movie I always thought that me having long hair made me more attractive, and only have worn my hair short a few times in my life, usually after it had been damaged some how.

Now after all my struggles this past year I decided to cut my hair. I put it off for months scared not to have hair, but it was falling out, I had bald spots, it was thinning and I have so much grey now. Then I had to ask myself... am I only as good as my hair? I've spent to much money to talk about...on my hair. So I let it go... I love my hair short, its easy to deal with since my fingers don't always cooperate. Because I've lost weight it fits my face better. I used less product and you need a great hair dresser as an Afro-American with short hair its all in the cut! Found her! I'm in hair heaven. I know this may sound kinda silly, but its my truth and I'm stickin with it. WHAT HAVE I LEARNED TODAY? Hair doesn't make you beautiful that comes from within.










No comments: