Friday, December 16, 2011

JYC Catch up 10-15

day 10
Wrapping paper
First off if you know me you know I love paper, So I could stop there...
Pretty wrapping paper is not precious to me, its the one time I love use it unlike me & scrapbook paper. To wrap a present correctly you must have the right supplies:
good sharp scissors
scotch tape-splurge
ribbion
bows
tags
table with plenty of space & good lighting.

Know your cuts must be straight and your corners neat and tight. Be sure to take your time, and experiment with your ribbons & bows, but most of all have fun.

I ordered from my first food co-op (boutifulbasket.org) I toke my dad to keep me company, it was quick. I thought it would be like a farmers market it was not, the volunteers had our items boxed and ready to go. Oh my I added on to my order big mistake sooo much produce!








Day 11
Oh Christmas tree
First of all I love the smell of a fresh tree but I hate when the needles fall off and I always forget to keep it watered. Adding lights scares me the most and I must have lights.
Artificial trees do the job, they always the right shape, mine is pre-lit. The down fall is I don't like packing it up and putting it away.

Today was a day of rest, ran a few errands with the ole man



















Day 12
Christmas past - it ain't what it used to be...

I remember growing up believing in Santa. Watching all the Christmas movies & cartoons on TV, cause we had not DVD's. Shaking my presents that where under the tree, sometimes sneaking and opening the box...I now I was a nosey kid. The smell of my mom baking her famous Red Velvet Cake, german chocolate cake and sweet potato pies, yummo. On Christmas morning all our toys laid out under the tree ready to be played with. Those where the days.

This was a bad mental day for me. I couldn't catch a break so I made one the class I was teaching was the last night so we left early. Once I made it home I had a taste for something sweet... I struck gold so I thought I would share Fudge Crinkles should be called crack.

Ingredients:

  • 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist suggested)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • confectioner's sugar, for rolling

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
    Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
    Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
    Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
    Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
Day 13
Christmas music
My favorite song:
Day 14
Gifts
It's christmas morning around 8am everyones up all the gifts are piled up for each recipient. each person sits in front of the tree and opens their presents. I take a bunch of picture and a few videos. everyone gets a pair of PJ's, lately I have added Itunes cards.

Today was a great friend day I spoke with all my good friends for hour we caught up laughed, cried you know girlfriend stuff.

I'm having fun sharing my Christmas planner/journal sheets. This is great for gift exchanges. Maybe next year I'll make them fancier. But for now simple works.










Get gift Questionaire here

Day 15
Vistors
We usually don't have visitors that come for Christmas and we have never traveled for Christmas.
But this year was different my ole man's sister came for a week. We really enjoyed her stay. We will miss you Ruby...


No comments: