Sunday, December 4, 2011

JYC Days 3 & 4

JYC - Christmas Cards

This prompt is a hard one for me today. I usually make my cards or find a set that I just can't put down while shopping in the store. This year I have done neither, I saw a few card I thought I would enjoy making but I knew it would be really time consuming and I really want to focus on the important things this year. I saw a set early, way before Halloween but my money was funny so I told myself later. Now I'm a little sad, but not to worry this Christmas... simple is my goal. So my money is funny(on a budget, very little extra) I took a deep breath and thought "what to do" recycle! All the card you have left over whether I made or bought them I will send out. Ok the irony to this is I started a business this year and ordered those cards two months ago.


JYC - Christmas Dreams

A dream Christmas would be.... The week before the day of Christmas everything would be done, all presents bought, made and wrapped. All decorations put ups. Two days before Christmas I would prepare cookies, cakes and pies. For my ole man (boyfriend) I'd make his Potato Salad and Dressing he thinks its better when the seasoning set. The day before I would cook everything except the ham. We have not spent Christmas at home for years. This is the only thing I would change... Lucky Me.

I am fortunate to have two best friends one from childhood and another here in Las Vegas. My Vegas friends throws a Christmas Breakfast Party every year. One word to describe it is SPECTACULAR!!! We wake up pretty early exchange gifts at our house, put on new PJ's...you have to wear PJ's to the breakfast party. When we arrive at my friends house, all of her family, friends and our coworkers are there. We run in the same circles so I know almost everyone there. She has a buffet style breakfast with all the fixins. Yes I said fixins, any thing you may want for breakfast will be served. You will leave her house with the itis pronounced I-tis (eating so much you just want to lay down and take a nap). After we eat everyone gets to open a present and I do mean everyone, I think she buys extras just in case. We hang out until about two or three o 'clock then we head to one of my family's house last year we all met at my Dad's house which worked out great... I hope we can do that again this year, not sure about my older sister, she has a cabin in Duck Creek Utah which see loves so may not see her this year. We eat dinner because my Dad has to feed everyone who comes to his house. Keep in mind we still have the itis. Now its about five or six or seven and we are home for a the rest of the night. Talking about all the events of the day. This is my perfect Christmas I love the full day and would only change the beginning of the Christmas week

Just some of the presents under one of her two trees we call her... Ms. Claus.



get it here




































No comments: